Tragic—Man dies from Coronavirus in Delta State after visiting Lagos
The Delta State Government on Thursday April 9, confirmed its second Coronavirus case who died after presenting himself to one of the hospitals in the state.
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa who made the announcement, said the deceased came into the South-South state from Lagos two weeks ago. The man had severe symptoms of the disease, and he died after his specimen which came back positive was taken.
I have just been informed of another case of #COVID19 in Delta State. The individual in question, had underlying health issues and had visited Lagos State in the past two weeks. The patient presented himself late to one of our hospitals with severe symptoms.
These symptoms included difficulty in breathing. He was immediately given the necessary attention by healthcare professionals. Shortly after the specimen was taken, he passed away. However, his test results came back positive today.
In order to mitigate against the spread of the virus, we are fast-tracking our contact tracing to ensure that all those that came in contact with the deceased patient are properly isolated and tested immediately.
Again, it is important that as we work to protect the citizens and residents of our state, families and friends of individuals that are exhibiting the primary symptoms of the #COVID19 virus, do not keep it from the authorities. If you see something; say something.
- Sunday 12–Actor and Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor dies…
- Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde recovers from Coronavirus
- Tragic—Sokoto State Government Records 6 New…
- Lagos state Commissioner for Health confirms death…
- Union Bank staff dies from Coronavirus in Lagos
- Yobe health ministry’s director dies at Coronavirus…
- Lagos state records another COVID-19 related death
- Nigeria Singer Jaywon arrested for violating curfew…
- Nigerian/British rapper Ben Chijioke, better known…
Complete the form below to send a message to this owner.
Popular Ads Today
- Coronavirus can enter the body through the eyes, and tears can help spread infection – John Hopkins University scientists reveal (63 views)
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (28 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (17 views)
- May 31—Member of Gombe state COVID-19 taskforce dies from Coronavirus (12 views)
- Salawa Abeni Jubilates As RRS Arrests 19-Year-Old YabaTech Student Over N*de Photos (11 views)
- June 3–348 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (11 views)
- June 1st —DSS confirms alteration in Bayelsa Deputy Governor’s certificate (7 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (3 views)
- Atletico Madrid defender, Renan Lodi reportedly tests positive for Coronavirus (3 views)
- Angry Youth attack Governor Hope Uzodinma in Imo State—Photos (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1420 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (700 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (512 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (449 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (311 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (306 views)
- April 30–204 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Kano and 45 in Lagos (302 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (298 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (296 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (294 views)