Tragedy as Coronavirus claims the lives of three family members within 16 days
Coronavirus has claimed the lives an immigrant Nicaraguan family who had been living in the US for over three decades.
The killer bug killed a son, mom, and dad within 16 days, leaving behind a daughter who is recovering at the family’s Miami home after she beat the killer disease.
According to the New York Post, Mario Mayorga Jr, 42, developed a fever and dry cough in mid-March and was told by a doctor to self-isolate at home.
After his health deteriorated, he was hospitalized with symptoms so severe that he needed bypass surgery and a ventilator. When he tested positive for Coronavirus, his family, who all lived in the same home with him, were all tested.
Mom Esperanza 72, dad Mario (also 72) and sister Violeta 45, were first tested, but it returned negative. When second tests were carried out on the trio, doctors confirmed that they had the virus.
Mario’s parents, who were due to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and sister were also hospitalized because of their symptoms.
The publication reported that Mario Snr died first on April 10 followed by his wife Esperanza just nine days later. Their son Mario Jr. died Sunday.
The single mom, Violeta, is recovering at the family’s Miami home quarantined from her eight-year-old son after losing three of her family members to Coronavirus.
Mario Jr’s cousin Marcela Lastre, 33, said: ‘They all lived together so her entire world has been flipped upside down at this point.’
‘It was about three to five days from one person showing symptoms to the next one,’ Lastre added. ‘We thought they would all show symptoms at the same time.’
- Coronavirus epidemic —Kaduna extends lockdown by 30 days
- Lagos discharges four Coronavirus patients
- Four-month-old baby, 15 family members test positive…
- Family of three killed by thunder strike in Benue
- Anambra State—Police officer allegedly kills a final…
- 2-year-old boy rescued in Umuahia after being found…
- May 16–Two members of a robbery syndicate arrested in Ogun
- 8 Ways to keep Yourself and Family Safe Against CoronaVirus
- May 14–Delta records Coronavirus death
- United States
Popular Ads Today
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (32 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (8 views)
- Salawa Abeni Jubilates As RRS Arrests 19-Year-Old YabaTech Student Over N*de Photos (7 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (3 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (3 views)
- May 27th —389 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria (3 views)
- Lady Gaga brands Trump a ‘racist’ and a ‘fool’ as she calls for change following George Floyd’s murder (3 views)
- Foreigners are leaving Nigeria over Coronavirus to access medical facilities they are used to – Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama (3 views)
- June 3–348 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (3 views)
- 284 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1494 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (706 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (518 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (455 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (314 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (313 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (308 views)
- April 30–204 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Kano and 45 in Lagos (302 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (299 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (296 views)