Texas—Man run over and killed by Boeing 737 airplane after going for walk on airport runway
A Boeing 737 airplane struck and killed a man after he walked along Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas on Thursday evening according to a Friday report by CBS News.
The victim who is yet to be identified is a trespasser and was going for a walk on the runway when he was hit and killed by the Southwest plane .
According to the report by CBS News, the pilot saw the man before hitting him. He tried to maneuver the jet out of the way, but was unable to do so.
After he was killed, an An airport driver found the man’s remains on the runway and an ambulance was called but it was to late as he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The runway where the man was struck has been closed for further investigation.
All passengers from the plane disembarked after the collision and no one onboard was hurt according to the report.
Police are continuing to investigate who he is, how he appeared on the runway, and what he was doing there as he had no identification on him and wasn’t an airport staff.
Speaking to Fox7, a Southwest spokesman said: ‘Southwest is fully cooperating with local law enforcement and FAA as those agencies investigate the event. We sincerely thank our Crew for their professionalism and swift response.’
- April 16–14 killed, many injured as fire razes IDPs…
- South Carolina —Woman killed by alligator after…
- April 6–Five persons allegedly killed, others…
- Two Killed, 17 hospitalized after eating poisoned…
- 'Little Women: Atlanta' star Ms. Minnie killed in…
- Five COVID-19 patients killed in Russia hospital fire
- Family of three killed by thunder strike in Benue
- Soldiers have killed 1,015 Boko Haram terrorists…
- Two armed robbers killed in gun battle with JTF in Kogi
- United States
Complete the form below to send a message to this owner.
Popular Ads Today
- Coronavirus can enter the body through the eyes, and tears can help spread infection – John Hopkins University scientists reveal (89 views)
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (34 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (17 views)
- May 31—Member of Gombe state COVID-19 taskforce dies from Coronavirus (13 views)
- June 3–348 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (11 views)
- Salawa Abeni Jubilates As RRS Arrests 19-Year-Old YabaTech Student Over N*de Photos (11 views)
- June 1st —DSS confirms alteration in Bayelsa Deputy Governor’s certificate (7 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (5 views)
- Atletico Madrid defender, Renan Lodi reportedly tests positive for Coronavirus (4 views)
- Breaking—Legendary singer, Majek Fashek is dead—Photos (4 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1426 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (700 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (513 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (449 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (311 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (306 views)
- April 30–204 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Kano and 45 in Lagos (302 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (298 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (296 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (296 views)