Kanye West has officially become a Billionaire, making him the second American rapper to reach that status after Jay-Z.
According to Forbes, ’Ye’s Yeezy brand, which he owns in its’ entirety and falls under the Adidas umbrella, helped push him over the $1 billion mark.
The publication said they dissected the Chicago rapper’s success with Yeezy, while also sharing how they tabulated Kanye’s net worth.
Nonetheless, a decent portion of Kanye’s net worth can be attributed to his royalty agreement with Adidas. West receives a “royalty around 15% of Yeezy revenue from Adidas. Upon closer inspection, it appears some expenses are carved out of that slice, bringing his actual cut closer to 11 percent. At that rate, he would have received royalties of over $140 million from Yeezy sales last year,” the report says.
Kanye West’s team provided a statement of the rapper’s assets, which were listed as $17 million in cash, $35 million in stocks, $81 million in “buildings and improvements,” $21 million in land, as well as his G.O.O.D. label and publishing rights, which is said to be worth at least $90 million. There were also a sizable deduction for $100 million worth of debts, which included mortgages and advances.
Forbes also noted that they gave Kanye’s net worth a “50 percent haircut” due to the illiquidity of his assets and the “the lack of independent backup.” The team also deducted $100 million for debts, which included mortgages and advances, putting Kanye’s estimated net worth at $1.3 billion.
But Kanye reportedly disagreed with Forbes. “It’s not a billion,” he allegedly texted the reporters Thursday night. “It’s $3.3 billion since no one at Forbes knows how to count.”
- United States
Popular Ads Today
- Man kills only son, buries corpse in shallow grave (143 views)
- July 10–32-year-old man allegedly shot dead by police officer in Ibadan (34 views)
- Man found guilty of stabbing his heavily pregnant ex-girlfriend 21 times, killing her and their baby (29 views)
- Vigilante member allegedly kills driver in Kwara over N5,000 bribe (18 views)
- Adhere to 24hr AC Repair Miami Service for AC Repairs (16 views)
- Funny punishment As Tourists forced to write ‘I am so sorry’ 500 times for breaching Coronavirus lockdown in India -Photo (16 views)
- Woman accuses hospital of stealing her baby in Lagos—Photo (16 views)
- One person confirmed dead and six others have been rescued after a three storey building collapsed in Lagos —Photos (16 views)
- Ghanaian actress, Akuapem Poloo arrested over her nude photo with her seven-year-old son—Photos (16 views)
- NFL’s Telvin Smith pleads not guilty to sex with underage girl (15 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1637 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (840 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (654 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (601 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (520 views)
- Five COVID-19 patients killed in Russia hospital fire (416 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (383 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (378 views)
- April 30–204 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Kano and 45 in Lagos (371 views)
- July 1st—172 Nigerians evacuated from Uganda and Nairobi due to COVID-19 pandemic, arrive Nigeria—Photo (368 views)