The Ogun state police command has arrested a man allegedly parading himself as a lawyer in the state.
Ogun state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi said the suspect was arrested following a petition written to the DPO Ajuwon police station by a legal practitioner.
Upon being questioned by the police, the suspect identified as Elijah Ayodeji Ojo reportedly disclosed that he was once a law student but never graduated.
“Though he gained admission to study law at Ekiti State University, he did not finish the course, neither did he go to law school.
“He has been parading himself as a legal practitioner for quite some time now and has been using that to swindle several people of huge amounts of money.
“The complainant had reported that Ojo used to parade himself as a lawyer, thereby extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public, despite the fact that he had never been to law school anywhere.
“Upon the petition, the DPO Ajuwon division, SP Andrew Akinseye, and his team of detectives embarked on a painstaking intelligence investigation about the self-acclaimed lawyer.
“In the process of their investigation, they came across a woman who was charged to court for an offence, but was duped by the suspect, who collected about N300,000 from her to perfect her bail condition, but never showed up in the court.
“The suspect was subsequently arrested after much evidence had been gathered against him.
“On interrogation, he confessed that though he gained admission to study law at Ekiti State University but did not finish the course or went to law school.”
Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the State CIID for further investigation and prosecution.
- Police release photo of suspected killers of…
- Fake pastor raped 14 boys in DR Congo
- Two suspected cultists arrested in Ogun for…
- Nigeria Singer Jaywon arrested for violating curfew…
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over…
- COVID19–Sex workers and their clients arrested in…
- Ogun state government extends lockdown by one more week
- 17 Chinese, 10 Nigerians arrested for illegal mining in Osun
- Ogun state hotelier, Jimoh Bello, who went missing…
Popular Ads Today
- Photos—President Buhari applauds Nigerian man who found a wallet loaded with cash in Japan and returned it (37 views)
- Used generators sale Cummins – Kirloskar, Ashok leyland (36 views)
- July 4–Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Kogi state governor (32 views)
- 322 Nigerians evacuated from the US arrive Lagos (31 views)
- Five persons die in boat mishap in Lagos (31 views)
- July 4–603 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (29 views)
- Covid19–626 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (25 views)
- June 21–Man dies of Coronavirus after breaking social distancing rules just once (21 views)
- US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud. Faces 20 years in US prison (21 views)
- Good News—EU authorizes use of Remdesivir to treat Coronavirus (18 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1623 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (805 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (597 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (543 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (491 views)
- Five COVID-19 patients killed in Russia hospital fire (404 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (376 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (370 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (363 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (355 views)