June 16–Victor Giadom can’t act as APC acting chairman- Court rules
Justice Florence Fiberisima of a High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has declared that the former Deputy National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Victor Giadom, cannot be the Acting National Chairman of the party.
Fiberisima granted an order of perpetual injunction restraining Giadom from parading himself as a member of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC in a suit filed by Dele Moses & Others.
Wechie Livinstone, the Media Adviser to the APC Acting Chairman in Rivers State, Igo Aguma, confirmed that the court ordered the APC not to recognize Giadom named as the third defendant in the case as a member of the NWC.
The court also granted an order restraining Giadom from issuing, signing or endorsing any document or correspondence to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) or any other body or institution in the capacity of the National Chairman or Acting National Chairman of the APC or howsoever as an officer of the APC.
The court said Giadom could not be claiming to be a member of the NWC having resigned from his position to contest the 2019 general election as the Deputy Governor.
Recall that on Tuesday, June 16, the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja upheld the suspension of Adams Oshiomole as member and the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress APC. The National Working Committee (NWC) of the party, immediately appointed former Oyo state governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, to take over from Oshiomole in an acting capacity.
However, Victor Giadom on Wednesday, June 17, declared himself the acting National Chairman of the party. He argued that a court injunction dated March 16 ordered that he takes over from Oshiomole who was initially suspended on March 4.
- Cross dresser—Bobrisky lists out 7 rules to his…
- It weekly cash giveaway June 30th 2019.
- June 7–260 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
- June 7—Policeman electrocuted in Abuja
- June 21–Man dies of Coronavirus after breaking…
- Court bars Governor Obaseki from prosecuting Oshiomhole
- June 1st —416 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
- Chinese men who offered EFCC official N100m bribe…
- Court dismisses suit against Oshiomhole-Photo
Popular Ads Today
- Photos—President Buhari applauds Nigerian man who found a wallet loaded with cash in Japan and returned it (37 views)
- Used generators sale Cummins – Kirloskar, Ashok leyland (36 views)
- July 4–Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Kogi state governor (32 views)
- 322 Nigerians evacuated from the US arrive Lagos (31 views)
- Five persons die in boat mishap in Lagos (31 views)
- July 4–603 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (29 views)
- US Federal prosecutors officially charge Hushpuppi for fraud. Faces 20 years in US prison (27 views)
- Covid19–626 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (25 views)
- Good News—EU authorizes use of Remdesivir to treat Coronavirus (22 views)
- June 21–Man dies of Coronavirus after breaking social distancing rules just once (21 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1623 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (805 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (597 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (543 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (491 views)
- Five COVID-19 patients killed in Russia hospital fire (404 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (377 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (370 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (364 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (355 views)