Anambra youths stage protest over alleged killing of 22-year-old man for flouting nationwide curfew. Police react —Photos
Youths of Enugwu-Ukwu community in Anambra state this morning staged a protest over the alleged killing of a young man, 22-year old Anthony Okafor popularly known as Junior.
The youths claimed that Junior was allegedly killed by security operatives for flouting the nationwide curfew around 8:15pm on Wednesday, May 20th. They blocked the Enugwu-Ukwu axis of Old Enugu – Onitsha Expressway in protest.
However, in a chat with LIB, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Haruna Mohammed, denied the allegation that Junior was killed by security operatives. According to him, the deceased died in an accident that occurred during the rush hour to beat the curfew.
”The fact of the matter is that there was an accident during the curfew hour around 8.30pm. As a result of the accident, some victims sustained injuries while one person was confirmed dead.
The youths thought that police were the ones who caused the incident and this morning they went on rampage, trying to burn the police station but the Commissioner of Police dispatched a combined team and they went there and were able to disperse the youths.” he said
Haruna said some youth leaders of the community will meet with the Commissioner later today. Meanwhile the body of the young man has been deposited in the morgue.
- Abuja—21-year-old meat seller arrested for allegedly…
- Police arrest suspect for setting government…
- American 52 year old Woman mauled to death by her…
- Saturday 11–16-year-old allegedly abducted and raped…
- Lagos—Homeless mother-of-four is rescued by the…
- May 13–Police arrest 13 notorious "Shila Boys" in…
- Salawa Abeni Jubilates As RRS Arrests 19-Year-Old…
- Ghanaian Pastor, Bishop Obinim still in police…
- Anambra State—Police officer allegedly kills a final…
Popular Ads Today
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (33 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (8 views)
- Salawa Abeni Jubilates As RRS Arrests 19-Year-Old YabaTech Student Over N*de Photos (7 views)
- Foreigners are leaving Nigeria over Coronavirus to access medical facilities they are used to – Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama (3 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (3 views)
- Court bars Governor Obaseki from prosecuting Oshiomhole (3 views)
- May 27th —389 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria (3 views)
- Tiger at a zoo in New York City tests positive for Coronavirus (3 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (3 views)
- June 3–348 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ogun State—5 suspected smugglers arrested over attack on Customs officers (1495 views)
- Nigerian video vixen and dancer, Kodak dies after allegedly being electrocuted while charging her phone (706 views)
- 195 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Lagos alone (518 views)
- Traditional cure for Coronavirus will be ready soon – Ooni of Ife (455 views)
- May 24–Teenager fakes her own death on social media to avoid financial pressure from mothe–Photo (314 views)
- Female robber stripped and disgraced alongside her accomplices after they were caught robbing along Benin-Auchi road (313 views)
- May 13—184 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, others (308 views)
- April 30–204 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 80 in Kano and 45 in Lagos (302 views)
- 248 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria – 81 in Lagos (299 views)
- Man who sealed wife’s private part with super glue has been arrested—Photos (296 views)