Joe Biden becomes the 46th President-Elect of United States of America.
Here are some facts about him.
1) He had a stutter as a child
Mr Biden spent his childhood in Scranton, Philadelphia, before moving to Wilmington, Delaware when he was 10-years-old. At school his classmates mocked him for his debilitating stammer. They would call him ‘bye-bye’ when he attempted to say his last name.
2) Mr Biden played football in High School
3) He was drafted for the Vietnam War but failed the medical
4) At 77 Biden is the oldest president ever inaugurated.
5) He first ran for president in 1987 and In 2008 ran for president a second time.
6) He suffered family tragedy
Biden lost his first wife Neilia and baby daughter Naomi in a car accident in 1972. His two sons Beau and Hunter were also in the vehicle but survived. His oldest son Beau, died of brain cancer in 2015.
7) His favourite movie is Chariots of Fire
Joe Biden loves ice-cream
In comments from 2016, he said: “My name is Joe Biden and I love ice cream.” He added: “I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. But I eat a lot of ice cream.”
9) He purchased a puppy in 1967 for his first wife Neilia and called it ‘Senator’. Biden currently has two dogs, called Major and Champ.
10) Biden remarried in 1977 to current wife Jill Tracy Jacobs, a teacher
The pair were introduced on a blind date in 1975 and Biden had to propose five times before she agreed to marry him. Biden often proudly refers to himself as ‘Jill Biden’s husband’.